Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tender Mercies!


We had the sweetest surprise the other night. I was working on the computer in my pj's and the doorbell rang. It was 9 pm and so I was not expecting anyone. I went and peeked through the blinds and a women was standing there. She looked a bit familiar but I didn't know who it was. She said "open the door Colette". So I did and I asked her if I knew her and she said I know you Colette. I'm Monte. I screamed and opened the door. She was my visiting teacher when I was 21 yrs old and VERY immature. She loved me and taught me so much. 1 example, 2 commitment, 3 patients, 4 love. she really loved me no matter how rude I was to her. I was rude. She taught me to play the paino and she even sold me her paino. She moved away in 1985 and I have not seen or heard from her until tonight. Oh what a sweet, sweet reunion. We cried and laughed and could have visited ALL night. They stayed about a hour and I was sad to see her go. We told her about the girls and what they are both up to. Really my life has really changed because of her. She was a GREAT visiting teacher. She is the one that I have giving many talks about over the years. SUCH a great women.

Gary and Monte Laing. They shared with us that they have served 2 full time missions. They have 7 children and 27 grandchildren. They are so proud of their children. They live in Loa, Utah.
We could have talked and visited with them for hours..

2 comments:

Hope said...

What a fantastic surprise for you! I'm glad you could reconnect with someone that had such a positive influence in your life. Loved hearing the story!

crush said...

WOW!! I remember you telling me the story about her! So great for you to see her again! XOXO