Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bryce Canyon-April date

WOW this was such a fun and amazing weekend. First we packed up and went to Provo to pick up our good friends Mary and Rick. We drove to Bryce Canyon some 225 miles. It was a fun drive and before we knew it we were there.


Don't they look excited? well Mary does!

Group Photo-the only one we got. 

Mary and Colette
There were trees growing out of rocks everywhere and you had to wonder how can they do that? This was one of the trees that all the roots where exposed. 
Here are the newly weds. 
If you knew how afraid Mary is of heights you would know that this picture is AMAZING!
She made it!
Loved this red rock and sand!
There were holes in the HOODOO's every where.

It was a great warm day and we loved every minute. We went to some out looks in the morning and in the afternoon we rode the 4 wheeler's. 

Natural Bridge
This was so nice!
I got to drive a little of the time. 
Mark-Mary-Rick!

Fun trail ride. we rode for 30 miles. 

We saw some Antelope and  a few deer. 





Bryce Canyon, famous for its worldly unique geology, consists of a series of horseshoe-shaped amphitheaters carved from the eastern edge of the Paunsaugunt Plateau. The erosional force of frost-wedging and the dissolving power of rainwater have shaped the colorful limestone rock of the Claron Formation into bizarre shapes, including slot canyons, windows, fins, and spires called "hoodoos".


This was a famous point called Thors Hammer. Rick took some great pictures of it and I love this one.
my best friend

Best friends!!
 Rick and Mary at dinner at the Lodge restaurant. 
 Bryce Canyon Lodge restaurant is certified Green Restaurant serves up an environmentally sustainable menu with regional specialties as well as organic and all natural food choices. Below is an apple dumpling that was by far their best dessert. I had Quinoa Primavera. It was AWESOME! Mark had Prime Rib. We had a darling waiter, Richard who took great care of us.
We went to see the sunset at Inspiration Point. It was pretty inspirational. 

Sunrise at the same place. Rick had a nice camera and took some great pictures. 
We went there at 6 am and took pictures and hiked around for about 2 hours. It was so much fun!
Here are some pictures I took with my little camera, they turned out great. 

It was glowing and so pretty!


Here is my last picture and I took it right through one of those trees that had all the roots growing crazy on top of the dirt. we really  loved this date. Not sure we can top it.

3 comments:

Mama Bell said...

Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for the pictures, they are awesome, what a beautiful world!

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

GORGEOUS!!! I can't wait to go there, and I can't believe I have never been there, shame on me. Glad you had fun!

crush said...

I LOVE Bryce Canyon! LOVE, LOVE!!!!! Your pictures are beautiful and it makes me miss UT so much! Thanks for the pics!