Monday, March 25, 2013

God's Hand #8 Missionaries

1st - We recorded the mini-series The Bible from the history channel.  I have really enjoyed it and felt the Lord's hand in leading us to watch it.  It is very graphic so little ones should not see it.  We always think of the nice stories in the Bible, but this tells it all.  It has really made Mark and I think about where we are with our religion and commitment to God.  Recommended!! 

2nd - We got to see Sister Jade Johnson give her farewell speech before she leaves for the Texas Houston, South mission on April 14th.  She was so excited and seems ready to share what she knows about the gospel of Jesus Christ.  She is a sweet and peaceful girl.  Sharing will be easy for her.  Steve Judd also spoke at the same meeting, he spoke about Easter.  
What is Easter? - Easter is the christian holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  I believe that Jesus is my Savior and Redeemer.  He loves me and died for me.  Easter is a time to remember what he did and start each new day to be more like him.  
Steve told a story about being the only LDS student in his high school in California in 1970.  He said it didn't take long for his friends to see that he was different from them because he never rode the bus to school.  One day someone asked him if he thought he was too good to ride the bus with them.  He said "no man - I go to early morning seminary."  His friend replied - "what is that?" and doors were opened.  Easter is about being like the Savior and sharing who we are.  

3rd - I thought about missionaries all week and I am sharing pictures below of my two missionaries.  Joleen has been home 10 years this month.  Raquel will be home 7 years in December.  Crazy!  



 Joleen served in Zurich Switzerland from 2001-2003


 Raquel served in Berlin Germany from 2006-2007!
Thank you girls for sharing your time and talents for 18 months.  I love you both!!



1 comment:

Wendy Kremin said...

Love you Colette! Maybe someday I will be like you. :)