Monday, April 1, 2013

God's Hand in my life #8 Week of the Passover

1st. What is the week of the Passover? Christ died for us so we could live again. Christ atonement has freed ALL men from the eternal death that we may live with him again someday. Easter is a great symbol of how  much he loved us and wanted to  help us be new again. Like in the spring when the flowers come up and are fresh and beautiful that is why Christ atoned for us so we could be new and fresh again after we die. 
Last Sunday in Primary I was substituting in the 10 year old class. This is the ages of most of my scouts. It was great to be with them in a Sunday setting verses in a scouting setting. One of my scouts isn't a member yet and has really never been to Primary. We set together and he lend over and asked me "If Easter is about God then why do we have eggs"? Well this week I had talked to a lot of people about eggs and why it is a symbol of Easter. Well I learned somethings that I could share with him about eggs are the symbol of birth. So eggs are used to show NEW BIRTH. He was satisfied with that answer and then he said well what about Halloween? LOL. Well I didn't have any answer for that one. Life is about living and Christ is about teaching us how to live with love and excitement. 
2nd. I had an opportunity to serve a bride in the Temple this week. What a joy it was to make her feel like a princesses. She was beautiful and very excited to be in the Temple Friday morning. We had to wait on the men to get ready and her and I were standing in the hall and I said "where are the boys" she smiled and said "this boy is worth waiting for". It made me think and relax myself so I could enjoy the spirit that was there. I knew the young man who was getting married but I didn't  know the young women. I truly felt the spirit calm me and I was able to help where I was needed with peace. 
3rd. Saturday we had the pleasure of having 4 little ones here at our house to color eggs and enjoy the day. Brinley, Trail, Brielle and Taylee Sampson came for a few hours while their parents were moving to a new place. We had a great time. Thanks guys! 





Trail and Mark were having fun in the orchard as Mark calls it. 


4th Sunday was amazing as we attended church and took the sacrament, listened to the speakers and lessons on Easter, the Atonement, gather of Israel. We have been watching the Mini Series "The Bible". It has been so good and well worth your time. But as I said earlier in a post it is very graphic, parents beware as you show it to children. It shows a lot of blood and killing.
We had a wonderful week of God's hand in our ours. 

No comments: