Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Faith!

I think I have a lot of faith but everyday it is a challenge to trust that the LORD knows what is best for me and my family. I really feel that I was guided to Wal-Mart tonight. I didn't really need to go there but needed to get a few items. I was leaving when I found a friend who needed to visit. It was as good for me and I hope it was for her. I love her and want to be a support to her. We talked about faith and how it directs our lives. I thought of a talk I heard from conference and here is a quote from it by Elder Oaks.
“Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.” Those teachings ring true to me. We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome. "
I have faith that the Lord knows best!
My heart is hurting tonight but I have faith that we will all grow from our trials.

2 comments:

Josh and Kristen said...

Love you Colette. I went to lds.org to find this quote. I wanted to read more. Thanks so much!!

Hope said...

what a beautiful quote! It's gentle reminder of what are we having faith in? That things will work out "perfectly", or at least what WE think will be perfect for us, or should we be placing that faith and trust in Jesus Christ that He knows us better than we know ourselves and that whatever the outcome it will be for our good and we'll be grateful for it, no matter what that might mean. I love this - thanks!