Sunday, February 10, 2013

God's Hand in my Life #2

After last weeks reflections of God's hand in my life I decided this year on my blog I would post once a week of God's hand in my life so here goes. 

1. We had a an exchange student live with us for 9 months back in 98-99. She was a joy to  have. Some of you know her as our little Dutch girl Mieke. She has married and has a baby boy named Ivo. He is a cutie. we have not meet in person yet but we hope to next year in 2014. Mieke sent thess pictures this morning of her and Ivo playing in the snow in Amsterdam, Holland. They rarely have snow, so this was a wonderful surprise. She loved the snow in Utah when she lived her. She skied as much as she could while here.
 Mieke and Ivo-he is one year old.


2. Miss Caroline -- look at those eye's!
 She and her dad made a snow man this week. Her mom told me she loves her new snow boots and wants to get in the snow. Matt is a GREAT dad. 
 3. My man. We have a lot of snow this year (well needed not complaining) and Mark always has the drive way cleared off for  me. He is still on the no lifting more then 20 pounds from the doctor and I think he over did this morning. He is a GREAT blessing in my life. 

4. Grandparent week at school with Brinley.
5. We got a letter in the mail, yes you heard me in the mail from Germany with wedding pictures of Dani and Jen's wedding. A wonder letter too. Thank you Dani. (she was also our exchange student in 98-99) She is a wonderful women and we love and miss her too. 
6. I helped my mom with her blog. I have a great mom. She also sent me a Valentine in the mail.
7. One more piece of mail came and it was from my great-nephews and niece,
 it was a Valentine card. love it. Thanks Baumgarten's 
8. To end this week we had Stake Conference.

Here are some things I learned  in the Saturday night meeting. 
President Seitz talked about our hearts and asked us to give our hearts a CHECK-UP. Here is what he asked "How spiritually health are you"? Alma 5:14 
Other topic's were What does it mean to sacrifice?
Will I go and do as I am asked to do?
A mother has a defined role.
President Caldwell was the last speaker and he asked us
Where is your testimony? Are we followers of of the Savior? Do we walk the talk or just talk the talk, 
This was a lot to think about and work on. 

Here are some things I learn in the Sunday meeting.
I didn't do so bad raising my girls.
Spend time on things that matter the most. 
Following the Savior, families, serving our fellowmen, learn to see yourself as the Lord sees you. 
Love is the great commandment. Love your neighbor as they self.
Adversity brings growth and happiness.
I loved conference and I hope I can make some changes. 

No comments: