One thing that I love about my birthday is that is falls on General conference week MOST years or Easter. I was pretty busy on Saturday and didn't get to watch very much but recorded it for later. Mark and watched the priesthood session together and we loved it. LDS General Conference Here is a link to it if anyone is interested in see it.
One of the talks on Sunday was by Elder Bednar and he gave his testimony that April 6th was the birthday of the Savior. I have always known this as my grandma would always say to me "now you know that you share your birthday with the one and only perfect person, so you must be a good girl" I am sure she told me that to get me to be good. I have always felt special that I shared this day with him. Sometimes I didn't feel worthy to share it with my older brother Jesus Christ. I do love him and feel his love for me and my life. I am so thankful that I have this knowledge. I love to spend my birthday on conference weekend as I love to hear about his life and the gift he gave us all. The Atonement! This picture looks like he is coming to help me.
Our Prophet Thomas S. Monson told us that we needed to be kind and Christlike to all we meet and come in contact with. Loving kindness goes along way. Elder Uchtdorf talked about gratitude. He asked us to look for the good and be grateful for all our trials and never complain. I am going to work real hard on this one. Elder Erying talked to us about "choosing God" By choosing God our hope and faith will grow. This is a very small amount of what was really said in conference. I love to go back and read and watch it over and over again until the next conference in Oct.


No comments:
Post a Comment