God's hand in the Plan of Salvation!
We live to die and die to live.
1 Tribute to my brother. Mike was the oldest son in our family. He was
always concerned with his siblings. When we were kids he was responsible for us
a lot. He wasn't the prefect brother but
as he grew up he became the one who was always worried about how we all were
doing. He was 31 when our dad passed away and quickly became the father to us
all.
Mike
was a hard worker and was loved by his hands. He worked in the oilfield for
many years. He also worked at the Vernal Post Office for years as the care
taker of the grounds and buildings. He was talented in so many ways. He
loved to use his hands and make things like, flies for fishing, leather work,
horse hair ropes, wood work,and etching on glass. He once made a casket for
an infant grandson. He made me shelves to go over my windows in my
kitchen. He always had some new craft that he was making. He loved
to shop the stock market, read all about the new media technological. If you
knew him well he talked to you about graphite. He wanted to get in on the ground
floor and make millions. He loved to garden and he wanted to ride horses but
that never worked for him. He did own a horse that he never rode to my knowledge. He was a
member of the LDS church but didn't practice but I always felt he knew it was
true. We often had talks about the Book of Mormon. In Job 14:14 Job asks If a
man die, shall he live again? I say to you all today that Mike does live again
with our Heavenly Father and he will await each of our arrivals back home to
the God who made us.
I
will miss his funeral as I am with our newest grand baby Fern in Michigan. My
heart if full and broken at this moment as I can't be in two places at once. I
loved my brother with all my heart and will miss him. Rest in peace brother.
2. The bright part of this post is our new grand-baby Fern Helen Bell. Born November 8th at 4:30 am. A few hours after Mike passed away. I am sure they passed in the hall and gave each other hugs and kisses. We hoped that she would come on that day as well because it was my grandfather Hancock's birthday. I guess she wanted her own day and she got it. She is very small. 5 pounds 4 ounces and 19 inches long. She is beautiful and we are very excited for her to come home. I am here with Caroline and Harmon and as you can see they are full of energy. They are so much fun.



1 comment:
Your post was a beautiful tribute to your brother. . . .and now a new grand-daughter. What a fun time you will have! Love to everyone!
Post a Comment