Sunday, October 6, 2013

God's Hand # 32 Silverton and New Mexico!

1. Gods hand is everywhere in the world of nature. We drove over the million dollar highway from Ouray Colorado to Silverton Colorado. It was a incredible drive with so much colors and we had a wonderful surprise are we drive higher and higher the mountains tops had a fresh snow fall. I am sure this doesn't happen very often. It was Sept 27th, 2013 and that is early for snow fall. Mark and I went to Durango Colorado for our honeymoon. We have always wanted to go back and stay at the same  hotel so we did. It is the Startor Hotel built in 1887 during the mining era. They mined silver, gold and coal in these mountain. We stayed one night there and then off to Farmington New Mexcio, the home of my youth.

2. My husband was so good to take me down memory lane on this trip. I loved this area when I was growing up. it was so beautiful. We looked at the map and Mark wanted to take a road #124 to see more colors before we went to Farmington. We we got there  is as at Herperus and LaPlata, Colorado. Oh I was so excited as this is where we used to go camping. I have the best memories of spending one summer there with my grandparents, Ernest and Ethel Hancock, my parents and siblings, We had many visitors over the weeks we were there. My aunt and uncles on my dad's side all came to visit and camp with us. I finally found the camp site that we ALWAYS went to and it was blocked off saying it was private property. I was sad that I couldn't drive in there and really look it over. But as we drive I saw many land marks that we used to play at like the chimney of any old mine. We drove all the way to the top of Kennebec Pass. it was an incredible view of seven mountain peaks. I don't remember the all but Wilson and Lewis were two of the peaks. They were so beautiful. I know why they were called the Rocky Mountains. We were hungry after our day trip and went looking for some where to eat. There wasn't much but this little cafe on the highway, named Kennebec Cafe. It was so fabulous. We had a Mediterranean plate that was so good. They grow there own fresh veggies right there. SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! funny side note. Mark saw that they had scones on the menu and he ordered one thinking it was a 7-11 Ranch cafe style scone. NO it was European style scone. He wasn't to happy until he tasted it. OH SO GREAT!! 

3. I made Mark drive by all the houses I lived in Farminton and to see some places in town that I loved before we went to Mari and Anthony Chavez for a nice dinner and a hot tub party. It was so nice as it was cold, it felt so GOOD. Mark getting my quilt as I never leave home with it. We went to church the next day and once again memory lane was awesome as I felt the spirit when I walked int he chapel. They chapel was built in 1971 when I was 11 yrs. I had some fond memories of the chapel. After church Mari made her Mexican food and had all her children over as it was Cami's 22nd birthday. This is a great family and we had a nice anniversary trip together and this was a little bonus to see friends. My other really close friend Jean and Gary were out of town. BOOHOO! Next time.


1.










2.






3.


Jordan 20, Leslie 33, back row Cami 22, and Jared 30. 
here is the WHOLE family including Anthony mom Marcella. 
Mari's hair is the longest it has very been and mine is the shortest. I had to get a picture. 
Good friends for over 40 years. Love ya girl!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks like so much stinkin fun!