Saturday, April 9, 2011

Carl Bloch Art Show

After nearly a decade of planning, the Brigham Young University Museum of Art unveiled its latest exhibit, “Carl Bloch: The Master’s Hand” last November. The exhibit features nearly 30 of Bloch’s original paintings displayed together for the first time, including four large altarpieces never before removed from their original churches in Denmark and Sweden.

I have loved his work for years. I saw it on line back in November and told Mark for my birthday I really want to see the exhibit. So we came out this weekend and loved it. You could feel the spirit there and it was displayed so beautifully. This picture was just placed in the Vernal Temple (in the mens dressing, you can see it when you walk by) and I have never seen it before. I didn't know who the artist was until today. This picture was one of the alter pieces and it was around 10 to 12 feet tall and so BEAUTIFUL!. The light in the picture is amazing. If you love art you will love this showing. It is free but you need tickets and can get them on this link. It is well worth the drive. Parking is free. It ends on April 30th, 2011.

No comments: