I love the first Sunday after Christmas, I seem to look at life differently with a renewed view. This Sunday a talk was giving by Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf entitled "Of things that matter Most". It was a simple talk about making life simple and slowing down and really focusing on what matters and leave the rest alone.
"Let us simplify our lives a little. Let us make the changes necessary to refocus our lives on the sublime beauty of the simple, humble path of Christian discipleship-the path that leads always toward a life of meaning, gladness, and peace."He told us 4 things that we need to do and the rest will take care of itself.
1st. Our relationship with God is most sacred and vital. Quietly focusing on daily prayer and scripture study.
2nd. Our relationship with family-Love is really spelled T-I-M-E!
We need to pray, have gospel study and Sunday worship as familes.
3rd Our relationship with our fellowmen. Serve them, share your time and talents.
4th OURSELVES! learn to see yourself as God sees you and love yourself so you can love others. Not in a self centered way but in humble way.
"we don't discover humility by thinking less of ourselves: we discover humility by thinking less ABOUT ourselves."
As we love-serve and follow the commandments.
I am going to work real hard this year on simplifying life and worry about
WHAT MATTERS MOST!!
No comments:
Post a Comment