Sunday, April 25, 2010

Many hands make light work!

Yesterday morning started very early for me. I woke and went to Smiths at 6:30 to get donuts and juice to take to Josh and Kristen's house to give some guys who were working on putting sod in their back yard. Kristen thought it would take a few hours and so if I was there by 7:00 it would be great! I drove up about 6:50 and everyone was leaving and I asked what was going on and they said "DONE". I said done?? You can't be done, sure thing they had laid all the sod in 35 minutes. YEAH!! Many hands make light work. It was a VERY large back yard. CRAZY! Well I had 3 dozen donuts and 2 gallons of milk and juice. I asked where I could take them and someone said there were kids doing a fund raiser for them at the soccer tournament. So off I went to find it. I gave the donuts to the kids and I went to my other service project for the day. When the day was done I was thankful for all the GREAT people of Vernal, Utah who opened up their hearts and pockets books to this family and to the women's shelter. THANK YOU!
My heart is FULL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a picture of Josh and Kristen with the kids who set all day at the tourament and made hundreds of dollars for the Baumgarten family on 04/24/2010.Thank you to Dalton, Bodie and Ashley!

1 comment:

Whit said...

I wish we would have been there to help out! Awesome it went so well! What cute kids, and awesome mother who has taught them to put others before themselves!