Saturday, June 7, 2014

05-24-14 On the way home again!

We left Joleen's Friday morning and headed to my brother Scott's home in Anton Chico, New Mexico. It was on our way home and I really felt I needed to stop by and see him. I have not seen him since last Sept at his son's wedding. It was was good to see he and his wife Dawn. They made us lunch and we visited for about an hour and half and then we had to get back on the road. They have a mobile home behind this OLD school house that they live in at the moment. This building is pretty cool but is really only a shell and needs a WHOLE new inside to make it livable. It is a project that they many work on for year. Dawn  had done a lot to the yard behind this picture and it looks great. Scott's health isn't good and they aren't sure how much longer he will work so they are preparing this place to live off the grid if ever needed. 






We got to Farmington New Mexico by 7 pm and Jean Ann had dinner for us all. It was  really a treat because I got to see all my friends who happen to all be sisters. Jean, Susan, Ceil. Can you tel we had a good time. We laughed a lot and talked about old times. It was great then we got to bed at midnight. Next morning we headed home over the Millon Dollar hwy. They were having a bike race from Durango to Silverton. I wouldn't want to be riding a bike over that road but there were a lot of people doing it. We stopped at Ouray to have lunch and the on home we came. We drover 3060 miles and loved it all. 


No comments: