I was reading the Ensign and loved the story about rafting the river. We live in an area where there are lots of river rafting going on. We have gone down the river many times as a family and in groups and parties. I have to say the times we have gone and the river is slow and calm we always want the white waters to give us a thrill. Comparing it to life the rapids are a part of our journey. Sometimes they may even upset the boat. But navigating the rapids of life brings a great sense of accomplishment and exhilaration we would miss if we got out and waited on the bank. The rapids really are the best part. I am going to look at my trials in a different way as I go down the river of life. The two pictures below saying it all.
Here we are going down a nice calm river, just like life everything is going good then we hit the rapids. Look at those faces as they hang on and try to paddle out of it. When they are done everyone is smiling and laughing about how wet they got or how hard they had to row. All is good. That is like life and I am going to enjoy the ride more as I learn and grow.
FYI-these are not my family pictures just some I found on the internet.



No comments:
Post a Comment