Mark and I went on a Alaskan cruise with my Aunt and Uncle and their children. Dixie and Earl, Kevin and Sharon, Kim and Deanna, and Kris and Gayle Baird. We sailed on the the Millennium with Celebrity Cruises. It was a wonderful ship and we had the best weather and time.
Day 1 May 24th.
We left SLC at 8 am and got to Vancouver Canada at noon. 1st thing lost luggage. I saw them take it off the plane but for some reason it didn't reach the the baggage claim area. After an hour we started for the dock to board the boat. I was corrected more then once that it was a SHIP not a BOAT. I got it and started calling it the ship. Once we eat lunch we got on the monorail and headed to the pier. I asked Mark for the camera and we noticed we left the back pack at the airport restaurant. We got off the next stop and I waited while Mark went back to get it. It was still there so off we went to get on the ship. Here are some pictures of down town Vancouver and the holding room with hundreds of people waiting to board the boat after going through customs. Off we went. after dinner I was so surprised to find my bag in my room. We had a great cabin personal named Robi. He took great care of us for 7 days.
Day 2 May 25th
We cruised that day and enjoyed the ship. The girls all got their toes done and then it was formal dress for dinner. We got to know our waiters very well and they took great care of use. We toured the galley that day and saw how they made all the food. They prepared 10000 meals each day. What a job it was. 500 employees ran the galley (AKA the kitchen). It was amazing what they did. It was all home made each day. It was the best food I have had on any vacation.
Day 3 May 26th
Ketchikan Alaska. It was a Sunday so we went to church first and then did some site seeing. The first two pictures are of inside the church. The walls were so pretty and different. Everyone was so kind to us and we even meet people that knew someone that we knew. Isn't the world same in the church. We took a cab to and from church. After the meeting we went to down town and walked around took a few pictures and then Dixie and Earl were ready to go back to the boat and rest.
Kris and Gayle went with us to see the Totem Pole Park. It had the oldest poles in the area. We also saw a bald eagle. We had a nice day with them getting to know them and spending some sweet time.
It was our first night of formal wear so we took a few pictures at the table that evening.
1 comment:
Good job blogging that was a big one. So glad you got to do this.
Post a Comment