While I was in Maryland with Raquel I was able to run away one day and meet up with my friends Mark and Connie Caldwell, who were there on business. Here we are on the Metro sporting around the Nation Mall in Washington DC. Aren't we big girls!! We weren't even scared. We acted like pros.
The National Air and Space Museum on the National Mall in Washington, D.C.
Here is the Kitty Hawk! I could have spent the whole day in here looking at how airplanes were made and invented. The Wright Brothers were amazing.
Connie had the camera as you can tell with so many pictures of me ONLY!! Mark was in meetings when we went to the Smithsonian. Did you know there are 19 Smithsonian's?
Then we went on a tour of the US Capital that my son in law set up for them. I just butted in and went along for the ride. This is our guide and she was a doll.
Every State in the Union has a statue of someone to represent their state and this is the ONE and only Brigham Young. Who else??
This is a replica of Lady Freedom who is on Top of the Capital Building. It was the end of our tour and a nice place to end. Mark and Connie then took me to lunch at Union Station. It was so fun to meet up with them and spend sometime together.

No comments:
Post a Comment