Saturday, May 19, 2012

Meal Time!

Doesn't that photo look quaint? It was taken in 1958 and I love how the people are crowded around the ONE television in the room. We had a TV almost like that one, Black and White. Those were the days.
Now, we have quite a few screens around us and I like to make a point of turning them off when my family sits down to eat. As a young mother my rule was nothing at the dinner but us, food and talking to each other. It is some of my best memories as a mother. Sometimes we laughed so much we didn't do much eating. Best thing I ever did for my family. I love you all. 

2 comments:

Tina said...

Totally with you on that one! It might be one of the craziest parts of my day, but great to have us all around the table. I heard of a study that kids who ate at least one meal together a day with their family had higher grades, got into less trouble and tons more benefits. I won't be missing out on that! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I agree those were good times!