Monday, July 18, 2011

The rodeo!

It was the Dinosaur Round Up Rodeo last week in Vernal. it is a tradition to go with our girls. This is the first year in MANY years that our girls were not home for the big event. We missed them! 

We have some good friends Tara and Greg. They both lost their spouses to cancer a few years ago and they are getting married in August. We are very excited for them. Good Luck! We meet at the Rodeo and had a nice evening.

Cindy and Marquita are my Rodeo friends and each year we meet each other there ans set together or close by. Love ya girls thanks!

Amber and the quilt that was raffled off for Josh and Kristen Baumgarten. We raised over $4000 dollars for their cause.

3 comments:

Josh and Kristen said...

OH Amber! I hope that you read this comment. I Love the quilt and I am so overwhelmed with emotion in all the work you put into it! You've got a talent and a heart of gold. Thank you to everyone who helped with the fundraiser. You have no idea how much the financial donations have helped us with our regular doctor visits and trips to SLC. Not to mention the RXs costs. We love you all for everything you have done for us!

Anonymous said...

Thank you. and both of you are so welcome. i know how hard it is when you have to deal with cancer. For those of you that do not know, my mother passed away from cancer, and also it was brain cancer. So this was a healing blanket for me. I had such a hard time figuring how to make the quilt, so I asked my mom for help, and the next day i got it!!
I am so glad that my work was able to help you family so much. I am thinking I might want to make a Christmas quilt also soon.... :)

Love you guys...

Amber

Chocokate said...

Hi Colette! Your family is looking so good! Looks like you're having a great summer. I hadn't heard about Tara and Greg! I am so happy for them! Tell them congrats for me. love ya, katie