Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lessons!

I've never been to college but I have learned many lessons over my short life. One mom's need college pride. So here is my TTU pride on my car. Go Raiders!! Go Jo!!!

Lesson 2 I learned just this week. Don't be angry at your son in law for not inviting you to his graduation from University of Utah. There must be a reason, RIGHT? Not that I could see it for a few days. It was Mothers Day weekend and would have been there to support him and our daughter. I was a BIT frustrated but as the weekend started to take shape I know that I was to be home and NOT in SLC. Mark was working nights all weekend and I was home alone. I didn't do any big thing for Mothers day. It is all the little things that made it worth the stay. 1st. Mark and I planted flowers for our mothers at their homes in their flower beds. 2nd I was to babysit for a niece so she could go on a date to the Temple with her husband. She got sick and that didn't happen. I checked on her later in the day and found that she needed some help at home with her 4 little kids. I took dinner and stayed and helped where I could for a few hours. LI loved it. Tender Mercy for her and I. I love to serve and it helps me STOP liking of my own problems. 3rd I was able to Skype with both girls on Sunday and see their faces. I got WONDERFUL cards from each of them. Big smiles from Miss Caroline. 4th I was called earlier in the week to sub in the nursery on Sunday so the leader could go home and talk to her missionary who is serving in South Africa. I loved the kids that day. 5th and the MOST important one is I owe Matt an apology.
I learned to take what you can get and remember who is in control of our lives, not us God is the one who knows what is best. So I want to apologize for being a brat last weekend when I found out he walked in the line. Matt we are VERY proud of you and love you with all our hearts. Go Utes!!

1 comment:

Wendy Kremin said...

Good for you Colette! I would have been more hurt than mad but I would have been both. You're the best! Love you.