Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Grandma!

For all of you that knew my grandma I hope you will enjoy my walk down memory lane. My grandma was the greatest of all greats! She was my teacher, my friend, my counselor, my tutor, my nutritionists, my doctor, most of all she was my grandma who I knew LOVED me no matter what. This picture is one of my favorites. She had a lady make this dress for her for Halloween. She really didn't like Halloween but thought if she did have to dress up this would be the dress to have. She was so cute in it and wore it for years on Halloween and Thanksgiving day. She went to K-Mart and had her picture take. She was pretty proud of this picture she even framed it up and had it in her living room for a while. I loved how she didn't care what anyone thought. She taught me that lesson over and over again.
She had a powerful testimony of the Gospel and she shared it with me almost every time we were together. She passed away on Halloween 2005 five years ago. I miss her. As she was getting to the end her quality of life wasn't good and she wanted to go home to her Heavenly Father. We wanted her to go as well but it was hard letting go of her. She had just had her birthday and turned 89.
I wanted to remember her today and say to her "I love you grandma and I miss you". Thank you for always being there for me, loving me and caring for me. Gone but not forgotten. Love ya

2 comments:

Hope said...

Brett and I love this picture and story. I loved your grandma - she was truly one-in-a-million. Not many like her, if any.

Such a sweet tribute, good for you.
Love ya!

Dixie said...

Hi Colette,
Hope has shared with us the stories about your cute grandma. I can tell she truly was one in a million. Aren't families great --our lives are influenced and inspired by each other. We are so lucky to have Hope in our family and enjoy hearing about her parents and siblings.

You are all the very best!