Sunday, August 8, 2010

Everythings BIG in Texas

Look at that sign. Joleen was pretty excited when we got to the border on day 2 of driving. Her friend Jill came with us and it was a great support to Joleen to have someone with her all the way. Thanks Jill.
Here they are before we went in the house. She was a very excited girl! She loves her dad!
Here is our first site as we looked around the house. Joleen had hired a contractor to do some work before we got there. We excepted it clean and ready to paint. NOPE!

Kitchen-Before
Kitchen -After
Joleen's bedroom - before
After
So cute and cozy!
She was a slave driver. We had 5 days to work on this project and we worked from 8 am to midnight each day, but Sunday. We attended her ward and rested that day and I feel that it made the difference for us.
Multitasking-Hard for men but Mark did it! :)
Bathroom after! So cute
Here is Joleen saying Good bye!! I am a big Girl in Texas now!!
Needless to say I was crying all the way out of Lubbock Texas.
While I was in Texas I had a few fears in my heart. I didn't want to leave her there with the bugs, mice and bad gas line. Those were a few of the trials we had. We also had some tender mercies. Brother Green from the Heritage Ward. He brought us anything and everything we needed. From saws to brooms a shop vac, (saved our lives). He got what ever we needed.
Mark replaced 3 floors, built closets and he also built the kitchen shelf's. Joleen had a list a mile long when we got there. We got it done. We found the gas leak and got it repaired, found foam spray that blocked the mouse holes. She also had a wonderful neighbor named Matt Britton who is a BUG KILLER! Yes he came and sprayed for bugs and mice.
One morning I told Joleen that I had missed reading my scriptures and she said she had as well. So we made a plan to read the next morning and we knew our day would go better. I opened my scriptures and it fell open to John 14:1 "let not your heart be troubled". WOW! I was so touched and REMINDED again that God knows me and my life. He loves me and is in TOTAL control, not me! I know Jo is going to be OK. She has great neighbors and ward members.

3 comments:

Mama Bell said...

Thanks for the pictures. I have thought about you guys tons! WoW! what alot of work you did in those 5 days. The house looks darling. And thanks for sharing your testimony. . .Love you all, Connie

Josh and Kristen said...

So glad that you got her all situated, even if there were a few hold-ups. Her house looks so cute, you guys worked SO hard. Love ya.

Hope said...

what a hard week for you all! Exciting, though! We should plan a girls trip - we could set a date like 1-2 years from now and all save and visit her in Texas!