I had to show off this roof. Mark did it a few weeks ago and it looks AMAZING!!
Gwen Brokaw and I met on our temple shift and we clicked right away as if we knew each other all our lives, She is a WONDERFUL lady and a dear friend. I drove over to Roosevelt to visit her Saturday afternoon after conference. We had a great visit. She told me about her life in the basin. She was born and raised at Pelican Lake. She was married at 35 to someone 10 years her senior. They had three boys in the next 4 years. She raised her children and then took care of her husband who had Alzheimer's for the next 10 years before he passed away.
She shared something with me about her happy and sweet personality. She said that she was a very negative person for many years. She has prayed that she could find the faith and peace that comes from the Savoir's atonement and once that she did her WHOLE life changed and she shifted. I can't believe she was ever negative because she is such a happy sweet lady.
Sunday Morning Whit and Jon invited me over to watch conference with their family. It was fun and I really enjoyed the kids. We didn't get to much from conference but it is recorded for later viewing. I love that we can get it on all our mobile devices. I did hear a lot of this talk that Elder Eyring gave.
Human judgment and logical thinking will not be enough to get answers to the questions that matter most in life. We need revelation from God.
This Xinia from Denmark and is an exchange student at Jon and Whits this year. She was a doll and fun to visit with, I can't wait to get to know her better. The kids love her and you tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment