Sunday, May 4, 2014

05-05-14 Learn of Me and Listen to my words!

We had women's conference in Vernal this weekend. Two women spoke to us and I wanted to share a few things I learned from them. Not that they said any of what I will share but this is what I heard.
The theme was Learn of Me and Listen to my Words, D&C 19:23. 
Ashley Stake put it on and my friend Erin Mayberry was the chair-women. Good job ladies!
 Emily Freeman is an author and counselor. Wife and Mother!
Audrey is a singer-song writer. Beautiful voice! Wife and Mother!

They both talked about our importance to God and how he is here JUST waiting for  us to ask for his help. One of them talked about prayer and how important our communication with God is and how we need to talk to him MORE! It was up lifting and I was glad I went. I had to leave early as I had to be at Bountiful Baskets to serve at the site. I had left my phone in the car while I went to the WC and when I got to the car I had 3 messages from my 3 helpers all saying they couldn't make it. I started to cry and felt angry. I went through all the WHY ME! I did volunteer to do this service for my community so why should I be mad. I did this to myself, RIGHT? Well in seconds I felt this feeling that I should pray, pray I did for  help to show up at the site knowing I couldn't unload the truck by myself. I felt peace that some how it would work out. I got there and 13 people showed up to help me including my dear husband. THANK YOU! We also got many compliments on the site and how nice everyone was and how great it ran. 
It did run smooth and we had it all done and out of there by 2:30. Record time!!

We need to know our power and use it to better our lives. I am thankful for GREAT women who share their time and talents. These two Women were awesome and I love it. I love women and am so thankful for all the women in my life including all the women family members I have who love me in-spite of me.

No comments: