I was asked this week to sub a Sunday school class at my church. I love to teach so I accepted the assignment. My lesson was taken from a talk by David A. Bednar here on Tender Mercies. I studied it all week and reflected on the many tender mercies I see each day. I am going to share a few I had this week. My good friend Tina and her husband Clint are building a house as their own contractors. It has been a BIG job. I have to say they have done a great job and it is coming to a close. There is nothing like the satisfaction of doing a job and doing it well. They have done a GREAT job with the whole house. I knew they was getting down to the end and I asked if I could help clean up. So yesterday I went over to help clean and ended up helping Tina put grout in her fireplace. I have to admit I wasn't sure we could do it but she said to me "I have to get it done tonight". So I jumped in and started to help her. It isn't my fireplace but I feel so proud of myself but more proud of Tina for pushing through when it got tough.She is an amazing girl! It was a tender mercy for both of us to help each other.
I went to the Cub Scout leadership Pow Wow yesterday as well and enjoyed it a lot. I really love my calling and feel it a privilege to work with these boys. These pictures are so bad but I want to remember it so I am putting them in. It was all themed around a circus. It was so AWESOME. They had it decorated like a Big tent and 3 rings on the middle and a train on the stage with animals. I had a great learning about scouts and how to do my job better.
This is last picture I want to share this week. It is a snow fort that our neighbor kids made. Last weekend it was warm and the snow started to melt. The kids took a pick and shovel and broke up the snow on the road and stacked it like bricks. They have been playing in it all week. Nice to see kids doing something outside!

No comments:
Post a Comment