Tuesday, July 30, 2013

God's Hand #23 Kremin Reunion


The theme of the reunion was Grandma Kremin's 80th birthday. She didn't know it and we keep it pretty on the down low. we rode stories for her, made a scrapbook. Made cup cakes for the birthday party.

1.The cook off this year was "Cup Cake Wars". The BIG winners were Cal and Wendy's team. They had a chocolate cupcake with raspberry filling, frosting on a Correlle dish that Whitney bought online. It was the dishes that grandma had in her kitchen when the kids were growing up. 
The judges were Bill, Nathan and Trevor (Nathan's friend). we never did get the ranks of the rest so if someone has them let me know. 



1st Place!!! 

The judges!
Nikki and crew made the TV dinner. It was so cute and original. She did a great job with a vanilla coke cup cake. AWESOME!
Kristen and Laurie made Root-beer Float cup cakes. Mom;s favorite thing is root-beer floats. BIG hit!
Shannon and crew did this one and it was grandma tishomingo fudge cake. So cute!
Hope did banana pie cup cake. I didn't taste these but I heard they were fabulous. 
They never made it to the serving table. 
Ours-Hot fudge cake it was the best. Everyone eat it first. LOL!



2. BIG hit was the blow up water slid. It was so awesome and keep the kids busy. They also had a slip and slid that didn't last long but was fun while it did last.







3. We had a 5K race on Saturday morning. we called it the 1st Annual Run for Your Life Race. We had a bear chasing a man on our bib numbers. Very professionally made on our home computer the night before.
Adults who raced are. Brett, Joleen, Calvin, Wendy, Josh, Jenny
 Colette and Raquel and baby Fern. We had some walkers but most all finished. Our winners were Jenny 1st place and Josh 2nd place, Wendy 3rd place. Running it under 33 minutes or close to that time.
We had 6 youth runners, only one boy dared the race. 

WINNERS!!


4th Face painting by Whitney and Shannon, I think! The kids loved this part and wore their face paint most of the day. They also took turns in the boats on the  lake. This was very fun activity for most. Some got a bit wet, we wouldn't say names but you know who you are. Thanks to Parker the kids played lots of games on the big lawn. 








5th I love the many faces that were there so here are random pictures.
 I think there were around 70 of us there. 























6th Baby Shower for Em and baby Elizabeth due in Sept. I didn't get great pictures so if some of you have some send them my way. 




7th Last night we had a great game night. It was so funny I thought I might wet my pants. We do have a good time laughing in this family. If you ever need a embarrassing moment story give Joey a call he could write a book on his. Color musical chairs is a hoot. Charades is always a good laugh!! Look at all the dead animals on the walls. We were at a lodge!!
We also had a campfire this night but it wasn't well attended. It rained.






8th Last but not the least was the family picture. I always make them take it and they HATE it but look how great they all look. Faith, Bill, Calvin, Dad, Mom, Mark, Eric, Fawn and Hope!


With permission from mom Kremin I have posted her compliments of the reunion. So sweet and worth remembering. Total in attendance was 75. Some came and went but that  is the total. 
 Thanks to you all, especially to Cal’s family for spearheading this year, for all the work preceding the reunion and all the work there and all the clean up.  No one can do it alone with the size of our family and it is such a great feeling for Dad and I to know what great kids we have, and what great kids they all have.  We found it to be unbelievable, I know me well enough to know I don’t receive all the accolades given me, but am human enough to enjoy them all and how touched I was to relive my turbulent childhood and to know that God was with me even when I didn’t realize it or deserve his presence.  I still am in awe of the blessings I have enjoyed through my life and wonder why I have had those blessings when my siblings didn’t. My heart is still full of tender feelings, my eyes brimming with tears of joy, and we will remember this reunion forever.   We want you all to know we welcome you all here, not all at once please, any time. (mom's humor)
  Love to each of you and all of yours.  Mom and Dad

1 comment:

Hope said...

Aww, I love looking at these pictures and reliving it. Truly one of the highlights of our year, and we say that every year! xoxo