Last night we had FHE and invited all the families of the men who have helped us cement our basement. This was no small feat. It was dug out 4 feet below our footers 20 years ago and has been a dirt floor for all these years. Mark and MANY others have mixed and poured the cement by hand in 10 different pours in a months time. It has been dusty dirty and hard work. Anytime Mark called for help they were there. Last night we wanted to thank everyone for all their help. We had a nice prime rib dinner that we provided as a THANK YOU! After dinner we talked about service and read some scriptures. One of our helpers said some thing that hit me. He said he had great blesses promised to him if he was willing and able to serve. He said and I quote "I feel I can't afford not too, I want these blessing". So what I wanted to say is I can't afford not to serve and it brings me great joy and I am thankful that I can serve.
One of the other men said that the GREATEST service ever giving to us was the service our Savior gave as he gave his life so we can live. Yes this is the Greatest of all gifts and I hope and pray that I can service him all my life. Mosiah 2:17 "when your in the service of your fellow beings you are only in the service of your God". THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SERVICE!
Here are some pictures of ALL the cement!
No comments:
Post a Comment